This investigation will help you to:
- "Geological History of Cape Cod" - USGS
Revies geological history of Cape Cod, Massachusetts. Link "Glacial Cape Cod" contains text and maps that explain the role of the Laurentide ice sheet in developing the Cape.
- "Geology of the Bering Land Bridge National Preserve" - National Park Service
Site discusses what North America was like during the last ice age, with a focus on the Bering Strait land bridge and the path plants and animals (including humans) may have taken from Asia to North America. Includes color maps.
- "The Chesapeake Bay: Geologic Product of Rising Sea Level" - USGS Fact Sheet 102-98
This fact sheet discusses the geological history of the Chesapeake Bay, which is essentially a river valley that was drowned when the Pleistocene ice sheets melted.
- "The Story of Atlantis" - The Active Mind
Read the story behind the "lost city" of Atlantis.
- Lost Continent of Atlantis: Myth or Reality - Andreea Haktanir