- United States Geological Survey home page, USGS
- USGS - Water Resources home page, USGS
- Water Resources of the US, USGS
- American Water Resources Association home page
- EPA's Office of Water home page
- Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) home page
- Science @ NASA home page, NASA Marshall Space Flight Center
- Real-TIme Water Data, USGS
- Global Hydrology and Climate Center home page, NASA Goddard Space Flight Center
- Soil and Water Conservation Society home page
- National Park Service Water Resources Division
- World Water Resources: Executive Summary Report, UNESCO
- Groundwater and Surface Water A Single Resource, USGS
A comprehensive article on the hydrologic cycle and using water as a natural resource.
- Water Resources Outreach Program--Water Education Posters, USGS
Choose from six different posters: wetlands, water use, waste water, navigation, groundwater, and water quality.
- Science News
Excellent source of articles describing the most recent and interesting events in scientific reserach.
- Earth, AGI
Published by the American Geosciences Institute, this magazine reviews current issues in the Earth Sciences and can serve as a valuable supplemental resource for teachers and students alike. Visit the web site for online articles and information about obtaining a one-year subscription (40% discount for AGI Member Society members; 65% discount for students).
- National Geographic
Excellent source of articles. Often includes helpful maps.
- The Waste Crisis, Jenny Tesar, Our Fragile Planet, Bernard S. Cayne, series editor, 1991. New York: FactsOnFile, Blackbirch Graphics, Inc. Chapters 7-8 on wastewater and wastewater treatment.
- Toward a Watershed Approach: A framework for aquatic ecosystem restoration, protection, and management. Coastal American Partnership Project. 1994
- Groundwater: A Primer, Edited by John E. Moore, Alexander Zaporozec, and James W. Mercer, American Geosciences Institute.