Online Professional Development Guide
In this guide you will find:
- Links to all of NASA's online STEM educational resources, categorized as to science emphasis and grade level;
- Links to the NASA-supported research at ASU SESE, with descriptions on how to incorporate this research into secondary STEM teaching.
- Schedule and activities for the one-week lead teacher training conducted by AGI and ASU SESE during the summers of 2011 and 2012.
- Workshop plans for lead teachers on NASA content. These will range from plans for one-hour sessions to introduce NASA's resources to multi-day plans for more in-depth professional development workshops.
- Guidelines on designing, planning and implementing teacher professional development workshops. AGI has already developed these guidelines in a generic form - for the NASA guide, they will be customized for NASA content.
- Guidelines on how to write effective proposals for funding to support local workshops.
- Workshop evaluation instruments.
- Contact information for lead teachers.