ACS-Hach Second Career Teacher Scholarship

PDF versionPDF version
Chemical plant

ERN Item Type: 

  • Funding for Science Teachers


American Chemical Society (ACS)


The American Chemical Society (ACS) awards this scholarship to working chemists pursuing a master's degree in education or certification as a chemistry or science teacher. Awardees receive up to $6,000 for full-time study or $3,000 for part-time study. Funds can be used for tuition, books, room and board, and other education-related expenses and may be renewed for up to three years. Applicants must have a bachelor's degree or higher in chemistry or a chemistry-related field, at least one year of work experience in a chemistry-related profession, be accepted into a master's or teacher-certification program, and be a US citizen or permanent resident. However, they cannot have more than one year of experience as a high school chemistry teacher.