The Michigan Department of Environmental Quality's GeoWebFace website provides a large amount of information on Michigan's geology and natural resources in interactive map form, including:
- Surface and bedrock geology
- Water wells
- Mineral resources and mine locations
- Coal resources and mine locations
- Oil & gas resources and well locations
- Street and topographic maps, and aerial images
The map allows users to select multiple layers that can be overlain on top of one another. By doing this, users can see how different features are related.
The website also allows users to download oil & gas well data for further use and analysis.
Click here to access the Michigan DEQ GeoWebFace interactive map.