ALEXANDRIA, Va. (August 19, 2019) – The American Geosciences Institute is excited to announce its 2019 Back to School Sale. Now through September 10, 2019, we are offering a 40% discount on all print and digital publications including:
- Glossary of Geology, Fifth edition (revised) - a must-have in any geoscientist's library, this indispensable reference tool contains nearly 40,000 entries.
- The Geoscience Handbook 2016: AGI Data Sheets, Fifth edition - a critical tool for the geoscientist in field, the lab, and the classroom featuring key metrics and concepts and a guide to cornerstone papers and recent developments. Now including short tutorials on topics that may not be familiar to all geoscientists. Also available in digital form.
- Status of the Geoscience Workforce 2018 - the latest comprehensive benchmark of education, labor, and economic metrics for the geoscience profession.
- Directory of Geoscience Departments 2019 – a must-have directory that provides a state/country-sorted listing of nearly 2,000 geoscience departments, research organizations, institutes, and their faculty and staff. Contact information for departments and individuals is provided, as well as details on department enrollments, faculty specialties, and the date and source of faculty and staff's highest degree.
- The Geotimes Collection – Every issue of Geotimes/EARTH from 1956-2019 on one USB flash drive! Over half a century of geoscience insights and coverage. Regularly $99.
- And much more!
Interested in professional development?? AGI and AIPG offer Continuing Education Credits (CEU) through the Geoscience Online Learning Initiative (GOLI). Click here to see how you can increase your credentials and advance your career.
Restrictions: Limit 10 items per customer; no other discounts apply; this offer does not apply to GeoRef products, Associates memberships, shipping/handling costs or any advertised bulk pricing. Offer good until September 10, 2019 or while supplies last.
Questions? Would you like bulk copies of any of these pubs at a deep discount? Contact John Rasanen at (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call (703) 379-2480, ext. 224.
The American Geosciences Institute (AGI) is a nonprofit federation of 52 scientific and professional associations that represents more than 250,000 geoscientists. Founded in 1948, AGI provides information services to geoscientists, serves as a voice of shared interests in the profession, plays a major role in strengthening geoscience education, and strives to increase public awareness of the vital role the geosciences play in society's use of resources, resiliency to natural hazards, and interaction with the environment.
AGI is a not-for-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to serving the geoscience community and addressing the needs of society. AGI headquarters are in Alexandria, Virginia.
The American Geosciences Institute represents and serves the geoscience community by providing collaborative leadership and information to connect Earth, science, and people.
Geoff Camphire, Associate Director, Communications