ALEXANDRIA, Va. — The American Geosciences Institute (AG) invites you to celebrate and help spread the word about Earth Science Week, an international celebration of the geosciences that promotes awareness of Earth and space science among students at all levels and members of the public. The Earth Science Week 2021 Toolkit is in stock now, and pre-orders are shipping to recipients.
The toolkit contains many educational and media resources to support activities for Earth Science Week 2021 (October 10-16), which celebrates the theme "Water Today and for the Future." This year's toolkit includes:
- 12-month school-year activity calendar, suitable for hanging
- New Earth Science Week poster, including a learning activity
- NASA materials on water science on Earth and in space
- Geoscientists Without Borders® poster on water from SEG
- National Park Service resource on fossils at natural landmarks
- Flyer on resources from the Soil Science Society of America
- Geologic Map Day poster dealing with the geoscience of Lake Powell
- Mineral Education Coalition material on aggregates
- IRIS flyer dealing with seismology and earthquakes
- AmericaView-NASA-USGS water board-game poster
- Geothermal Rising poster on energy and water science
- Association for Women Geoscientists geoscience flyer
- Forest Service poster on groundwater-dependent ecosystems
- Geologic time scale material provided by AIPG
- Flyer on curricula and more from Nutrients for Life Foundation
- Water science education material from NESTA and NAGT
- Bureau of Land Management dinosaur coloring page
- National Science Foundation materials on water and careers
- GemKids poster from Gemological Institute of America
- Water Footprint Calculator information on water science
- USGS, NOAA, UNAVCO, CLEAN, NSS, AMS items and more
AGI thanks the many AGI Member Societies and Earth Science Week Sponsors that contributed materials this year's toolkit.
Order your Earth Science Week 2021 Toolkit today. The toolkit is free and available for the cost of shipping and handling. Pay just $8.50 to receive the first toolkit and $2.25 for each additional toolkit in the United States. See the AGI Store for special pricing on a multi-pack of three years' toolkits addressing different topics. For ordering, special shipping, bulk orders, and more information, email AGI Publications at email@example.com.
The American Geosciences Institute (AGI), a federation of scientific and professional associations representing over a quarter-million geoscientists, is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to serving the geoscience community and addressing the needs of society. AGI headquarters are in Alexandria, Virginia.
John Rasanen, Publications