Collaborate with us to achieve your broader impacts goals
Download the PDF version of this webpage to share or print.
AGI’s Critical Issues program connects geoscientists with policy and decision makers at all levels to support evidence-based decision making and achieve substantial broader impacts. Our mission is to connect decision makers, especially at U.S. state and local levels, with decision-relevant, impartial, expert information from across the geosciences.
We invite geoscientists to collaborate with us on their next broader impacts project. Our broader impacts services include:
Planning and hosting webinars related to your research or work that discuss potential solutions for challenges at the interface of geoscience and society
- 60- to 90-minute live events featuring 3 or more speakers, followed by a question and answer session with attendees. View past webinars here
- Webinars attract 500-800 registrants on average from local, state, tribal, and federal agencies; K-12 schools, colleges, and universities; and for-profit and non-profit organizations from around the U.S. and the world
- Webinars are recorded and made freely available on the Critical Issues website and AGI’s YouTube channel
Publishing case studies and factsheets with in-depth information on geoscience problems affecting communities around the U.S.
- Case studies and factsheets are published in attractive web-based and printable formats on the Critical Issues website, which attracts more than 100,000 unique visits monthly
- Email and social media promotion before, during, and after webinars and publication of web products on the Critical Issues website
- Attractive, effective design of promotional flyers and emails
- Maintenance of web-based publications and webinar recordings in perpetuity -no more broken links!
Impact analysis to quantify the reach of your broader impacts work
- Quantitative analytics of website traffic to webinars or publications hosted on the Critical Issues website, including geographic reach, visitation, average time spent on the page, and more
- Detailed metrics on webinar registrants and attendees, including employment sector, geographic location, and more
Critical Issues staff are happy to discuss your broader impacts ideas and work with you to develop a detailed broader impacts project description and budget estimate for your next grant proposal. To learn more and get started, contact Cassaundra Rose at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License.
You are free to share or distribute this material for non-commercial purposes as long as it retains this licensing information, and attribution is given to the American Geosciences Institute.