The Monthly Review is part of a continuing effort to improve communications about the role of geoscience in policy.
Current and archived monthly reviews are available online.
Subscribe to receive the Monthly Review directly to your email.
- FERC rejects Department of Energy proposal to subsidize coal and nuclear plants
- Interior Department announces plans for U.S. Outer Continental Shelf Oil and Gas Leasing Program
- House oversight hearing looks at DOI burdens to onshore energy production
- House energy subcommittee holds oversight hearing to discuss permitting for offshore seismic surveys
- Politicians debate efforts to improve the nation’s electrical grid
- Department of the Interior mandates political review for grants of at least $50K to universities and nonprofits
- White House announces intent to nominate Director of the U.S. Geological Survey and re-nominates heads of key science agencies
- President Trump briefly covers energy and infrastructure issues in 2018 State of the Union address
Monthly Review prepared by: Michelle Barreto, Geoscience Policy Associate; Anna Normand, Geoscience Policy Associate; Cecilia Lopez-Gamundi, Geoscience Policy Intern; Maeve Boland, Geoscience Policy Director.
Compiled February 6, 2018.
TO SUBSCRIBE PLEASE VISIT: http://crm.americangeosciences.org/civicrm/mailing/subscribe