In this webinar, our speakers discuss careers in Canadian mineral exploration.
After the presentations, there is a question and answer session where webinar participants ask questions of the speakers.
Our speakers include:
- Dr. Martha Roberts, from MiHR, who will discuss labour market findings from the exploration study “Unearthing Possibilities”.
- Scott Jobin-Bevans, from PDAC, who will speak about what’s happening on the ground in the minerals exploration sector, including what PDAC and S-IMEW are. What are the big changes coming up for companies? What’s exciting for new earth/geoscience graduates in the sector and why they should consider a career in minerals exploration?
- April Bertrand, from GoldCorp Red Lake Gold Mine, who will discuss why she chose this educational path, what she finds exciting about this field, and where she hopes her career will take her.
- Blake Schreiner, undergraduate student at the University of Saskatchewan, who will discuss why he has chosen this educational path, what he finds exciting about this field, and where he hopes his career will take him.
- Melanie Sturk, from MiHR, will wrap up our discussion by introducing the Explore for More career resources.
This webinar was co-organized with the Mining Industry Human Resources Council (MiHR)