This investigation will help you to:
- "Clouds" - NASA
Brief online article reviews the conditions surrounding cloud formation and also explains how precipation is "released" from clouds.
- "Understanding Clouds and Fog" - USA Today
Site reviews how and where clouds typically form. Includes some graphics and additional links to help students understand clouds.
- "Clouds Types" - Geophysical Fluid Dynamics Laboratory
Site explains the basis for cloud classification. Click on links to view cloud images and learn more about specific types of clouds.
- "Cloud Types" - Windows to the Universe - University Corporation for Atmospheric Research
Click on the cloud groupo or cloud type of interest to view an image and relevant text.
- "Lightning Safety" - National Weather Service - NOAA
Site reviews the hazards associated with thunderstorms, including winds, rain, hail, and lightning. Also reviews the development of thunderstorms, where thunderstorms are likely to occur, and how to remain safe during a thunderstorm.
- "Do Volcanoes Affect Weather?" - USGS Cascades Volcano Observatory