The American Geosciences Institute directly, or in cooperation with its Member Societies, makes a number of awards each year to recognize particular excellence in the geosciences. In addition, AGI works with its Member Societies to foster nominations of deserving geoscientists for consideration in a number of National Science Awards. Please select an award below for information about the award, historical awardees of AGI awards, and links to the nomination forms.
- AGI Medal in Memory of Ian Campbell for Superlative Service to the Geosciences
- AGI Award for Outstanding Contribution to Public Understanding of Geology
- The William B. Heroy Jr. Award for Distinguished Service to AGI
- Marcus Milling Legendary Geoscientist Award
- Edward C. Roy, Jr. Award for Excellence in K-8 Earth Science Teaching
National Science Awards
Call for Nominations
AGI is seeking quality candidates for its officer positions and awards. Your nominations should be received by February 1, 2015, in order to be reviewed by the AGI Nominating Committee to submit final recommends at the spring AGI Member Society Council meeting. for the 2016 officers and 2015 awards.
- AGI Award Guide (PDF)
- Submit Executive Committee Position Nomination online
- Submit Awards Nomination online
- Download Nomination Forms to submit by mail (PDF)
- Submit a Support Letter
Questions should be directed to Leigh Sutherland at AGI (voice: 703-379-2480 ext. 203 or email: LS@americangeosciences.org). Your assistance in submitting candidates for officer positions and awards is appreciated!