Do you want your department to have the tools necessary to educate well-trained geoscientists for a wide range of employment sectors?
Do you want to increase the exposure of your academic programs to the broader geosciences and support your students’ engagement in the geoscientific community?
The American Geosciences Institute Academic Associates Program supports your program’s effort to impact the geosciences.
Did you know you can treat your alma mater to the Academic Associates Program and it is a tax-deductible donation? Email John Rasanen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Supporting Student Success
Graduating seniors who have written a bachelor’s thesis as part of their studies are eligible to participate in the annual “Best Senior Thesis Award” sponsored by AGI. All submitted entries for the award will automatically be listed in GeoRef and in the Directory of Geoscience Departments.
Increasing knowledge dissemination across geoscience sectors
An annual, virtual meeting will be held with all Academic Associates and AGI staff to discuss higher education and workforce issues of concern among the Associates. This is your opportunity to learn about new emerging trends, exchange ideas with peers, and provide suggestions to AGI in ways to strengthen geoscience in academia.
Invitation to the program chair or head to participate in the day-long AGU Heads and Chairs Workshop held each December prior to the AGU Meeting.
And much more…….
- Digital copies of all AGI Workforce reports released during the membership term, including the Status of Geoscience Workforce Report (sent to the department chair)
- Online Glossary of Geology, 5th edition (revised) access for each department via IP address to the institution (libraries excluded).
- Each Associate will receive unlimited employment posts on AGI’s Workforce page during the year.
- Each department will receive two copies of AGI’s Geoscience Handbook ($59.99 retail).
- Departments will be able to license the use of AGI Glyph and poster for academic and departmental promotional use.
- Each academic associate will receive one (1) class (up to 30 students) Continuing Education Units (CEUs) from AIPG for taking a Geoscience Online Learning Initiative On-Demand course. Use this when you have to travel and miss a class!
- Each academic associate department will receive 10 “I’m a Geoscientist” pins.
- Each academic associate will receive email notification of internship opportunities at AGI.
- Each academic associate will receive the printed Directory of Geoscience Departments when published in first quarter of the calendar year.
Annual Membership Fees
- Community/2-year Colleges: $250
- Four-year university, single department: $500
- Multiple geoscience department institution: $800
2019 AGI Academic Associates
To sign up, complete the form below today! You will receive instructions on how to pay the membership fee by credit card or choose to be invoiced. If you have any questions, contact John Rasanen at email@example.com.