The 2016 "Life as a Geoscientist" Photo Contest is closed for submissions.
AGI is proud to host the 2016 "Life as a Geoscientist" Photo Contest
We are looking for any and all geoscience images featuring your internships, research, or geoscience work as a whole. Photos can be entered into three different categories: Outdoor Lab, Indoor Lab, and Data Visualization. We want your best photos showing what geoscience work and research looks like and why you love being a geoscientist. Submitting epic photos allows participants the opportunity to win prizes!
All submitted materials should be sent to GeoLifePhotoContest@americangeosciences.org
Deadline to submit is November 19th, 2016
Our staff will choose the best submitted photos from each category.
All participants must abide by the rules and regulations below:
- Individual entrants cannot submit more than 10 photos
- Along with the submitted contest photos, entrants are required to submit a Photo Release Form
- All photos featuring individuals' faces require the submission of a Model Release Form with signatures from each recognizable person in the photo
- Individuals in photos must be wearing shoes
- By submitting a photo, the entrant gives AGI permission to use this material in future printed and digital publications
- Include location of the picture along with a brief caption
- Photos submitted past the deadline of November 19th, 2016 will be ineligible to win any prizes
Category Description and Prizes:
- Pictures including the presentation of data in a pictorial or graphical format (Ex: immersion labs, visualization labs, etc.)
- Pictures including geoscience work and labs in an outdoor setting (Ex: Ice core drilling, water chemistry, etc.)
- Pictures including geoscience work in a conventional lab setting, studying, and/or using visual aides (Ex: unknown chemical anaylsis, studying for finals, using scaled models etc.)
- One winner will be selected from each category to win a $50 dollar Amazon gift card, a year subscription to Earth Magazine, and a "I'm a Geoscientist" T-shirt.
- One student will be selected for overall best student picture to win a 2016 Geoscience Handbook. The overall best student picture is elligible for a catagory prize as well as the overall student prize.
BEFORE YOU SUBMIT
HAVE YOU INCLUDED....
- Photo Release Form
- Model Release Form for each face that appears in your picture
- Pictures are in JPEG, TIFF, GIF, or PNG format
- Caption including activity conducted in picture and location (please include in email)
Want a copy of the flyer to print out? Click the attachment below!
Thank you for your participation!!!