This investigation will help you to:
- Bowditch -The American Practical Navigator
Scroll to Page 6 (Section 3212) for information on ocean circulation's influence on regional climate. (NOTE: Adobe Reader is needed to view this document. Download the latest, FREE version.)
- The Southern Ocean and Global Climate, Australian Academy of Science
This web site provides information on the relationship between the Southern Ocean and the global climate.
- Ocean Currents & Climate, USC
The climate of our planet is greatly effected by Earth's oceans. Visit this university's web page to learn more about the different oceanic currents and the role those currents play on climate change.
- Hot Vents and Global Climate, by platetectonics.com
Learn more about how plate tectonics affect Climate Change.
- Climate Change - Plate Tectonics, Lyndon State College
View notes about how plate tectonics affect climate change.
- Lamont's Broecker Warns Gases Could Alter Climate: Oceans' Circulation Could Collapse
This web site provides useful information on the importance of the NADW and its relationship to other systems.
- Ocean Circulation Shut Down by Melting Glaciers After Last Ice Age, NASA
At this site, NASA provides basic information on the North Atlantic Ocean Circulation System as well as the affect of the last ice age on this system.