Throughout this module, students will use hands-on, inquiry-based investigations to explore:
- what characteristics planet Earth has and how scientists know this.
- the features of the moon.
- the relationship between the Earth and its moon.
- where the Earth is in space and how scientists know.
- the characteristics of the sun.
- why the sun is so important to the solar system.
- how planets in the solar system are the same and different.
- the other major planetary bodies in the universe.
- and how you can tell the difference between science fact and sscience fiction.
Use the navigation on the right to explore resources that will be useful for the investigations.