Notes on the 2001 Edition
- Investigation 1: Tracing Electricity to Its Source
- Investigation 2: Uses of Energy Resources
- Investigation 3: How Fossil Fuels are Formed
- Investigation 4: Sources and Uses of Petroleum
- Investigation 5: Exploring for Petroleum
- Investigation 6: Solar Energy
- Investigation 7: Using Energy Resources Wisely
Teacher's Edition, Page 45
Last sentence of number 2, "They need to realize that some of the internal energy in the hot plate..." "internal energy" replaces "heat energy."
Teacher's Edition, Page 127, As You Read...
Last sentence under number 1 should read: "The percentage of the coal that is carbon increases."
Teacher's Edition, Page 178
Second sentence of the 5th paragraph should be replaced with: "The reflected wave bounces off of the discontinuity and away from the boundary not unlike a ball bouncing off a surface. The angle at which the reflected wave leaves the boundary is equal to the angle at which it approached to begin with."
Teacher's Edition, Page 255
Second paragraph, replace "heat energy" with "internal energy."