Know Your Watershed, Perdue University
This site includes a library, glossary, a quiz to test your knowledge, factsheets and access to statistics on the watersheds in your area and numerous guides on a variety of topics.
Distributed Variability of Earth's Water Resources, UNESCO
This article includes sections on continental, regional, and country differences, river basins and runoff to the oceans, and river runoff and groundwater.
Our Programs, National Wildlife Federation
The National Wildlife Federation works on issues at the global, national and regional level. Learn about the work we do at our centers across the country. Watershed information is under "Water Resources".
Answers to Questions on Water Pollution, Ask an Earth Scientist
Read an assortment of explanations to common water pollution questions.
- What are the sources of water pollution? What are the effects of water pollution? What are the ways we can take to decrease those problem?
- What laws are there against oil tankers and oil? Which do oil spills hurt more, animals or the ocean? How much do people pollute yearly? What are some ways to stop pollution? How is plastic harmful to the ocean? How can an ocean get contaminated with nuclear radiation?
- How do small animals such as fish contribute to water pollution?
A Primer on Water Quality, USGS
This page answers a series of questions with short paragraphs. For example:
- What is in the water?
- What do we mean by "water quality"?
- How is water quality measured?
- How do human activities affect water quality?
- What about bacteria, viruses, and other pathogens in water?
- How can I find out more about my water quality?