Notes on the 2001 Edition
- Investigation 1: Gathering Evidence and Modeling
- Investigation 2: The Interior of the Earth
- Investigation 3: Forces that Cause Earth Movements
- Investigation 4: The Movement of the Earth's Lithosperic Plates
- Investigation 5: Earthquakes, Volcanoes and Mountains
- Investigation 6: Earth's Moving Continents
- Investigation 7: Natural Hazards and Our Dynamic Planet
Teacher's Edition, Page 49
Last sentence should read: "Modern, more complex models detail more than a hundred subatomic particles!" "models" replaces "model"
In first paragraph, replace the word "faster" with "slower."
Teacher's Edition, Page 89
Under section b), the words "air" and "water" should be reversed in the third sentence, which should read: "In order for them to see the stick, light waves must travel first through water and then, after being refracted, through air."
Page P28, Illustration
Illustration was modified to reflect more accurately dimensions of rifts and to identify the crust within the lithosphere.Figure (3 KB Adobe pdf).