The American Geosciences Institute headquarters is located in the King Street West association complex, situated about two blocks west of the intersection of Interstate 395 and King Street (Route 7). The street name changes from King Street to Leesburg Pike a few blocks further west along Route 7 at the boundary of Alexandria and Falls Church.
AGI is approximately four miles southwest of Washington National Airport and 25 miles southeast of Dulles International Airport. The Pentagon Metro station is approximately a 5 to 10 minute cab ride from AGI.
From National Airport
AGI is about 15 minutes from Reagan National Airport. The building is in the center of the King Street West complex, a small group of red-brick buildings that are visible from King Street.
1. Take the George Washington Memorial Parkway toward Washington.
2. Take Interstate 395 south to the King Street West exit.
3. At the first traffic light (XSport Fitness), turn left onto Park Center Drive.
4. Go one block and turn left at stop sign onto Ford Drive.
5. Go one short block to the cul-de-sac and turn left into the first driveway. Park in any space marked 4220 AGI. The AGI headquarters is the three-story building with an arch out front at the center of the complex.
From Downtown Washington DC
Cross the Potomac River on the 14th Street Bridge. Take I-395 south and follow steps 2-5 from above.
Best Western, Arlington
2480 South Glebe Road
(703) 979-4400; (800) 528-1234
4800 Leesburg Pike (Route 7)
(703) 671-4800; (800) 426-7866
Hilton Alexandria Mark Center
I-395 and Seminary Road West
(703) 845-1010; (800) 774-1500
Ramada Inn, Alexandria
I-395 and Seminary Road East
(703) 751-4510; (800) 2RAMADA