The Status of the Geoscience Workforce 2018 report is based on original data collected by AGI as well as from federal data sources, professional membership organizations, and industry. The report integrates all of these various data sources into a comprehensive view of the human and economic parameters of the geosciences, including supply and training of new students, workforce demographics and employment projections, to trends in geosciences research funding and economic indicators.
Table of Contents:
- Chapter 1: Trends in K–12 Geoscience Education — Preparing Students for College Geoscience Programs and Society
- Chapter 2: Postsecondary Education Benchmarks
- Chapter 3: Trends in Two-Year College Geoscience Programs
- Chapter 4: Trends in Four-Year Institution Geoscience Programs
- Chapter 5: Trends in Geoscience Employment--Examining Student Transitions and Workforce Dynamics
- Chapter 6: Trends in Economic Metrics and Drivers of the Geoscience Workforce
- Appendix A: Defining the Geosciences
- Appendix B: Data Sources
Subscribe to Geoscience Currents
Interested in receiving the latest in data and information about the geosciences? Enter your email below to subscribe to the Geoscience Currents channel.