This forum will present an update on the Critical Minerals Mapping Initiative (CMMI), a joint research program between the Geological Survey of Canada (GSC), the U.S. Geological Survey, and Geoscience Australia (GA). Presenters will provide the latest updates to the critical mineral portal (www.criticalminerals.org), the Critical Minerals in Ores database (CMiO), and its underlying deposit classification system. New critical mineral research and modelling results will also be presented from each of the three geological surveys. The forum will conclude with a question and answer period that will allow participants to interact with the speakers and engage on the topics of critical mineral research and public geoscience.
- Albert Hofstra, United States Geological Survey, USA
- Simon van der Wielen, Geoscience Australia, Australia
- Marie-Aude Bonnardot, Geoscience Australia, Australia
- Louise Corriveau, Geological Survey of Canada, Canada
- Omid Haeri Ardakani, Geological Survey of Canada, Canada
- George Case, United States Geological Survey, USA
Organized by Geoscience Australia, the Geological Survey of Canada, and the United States Geological Survey, and hosted by the American Geosciences Institute
Please contact Christopher Lawley at christopher.lawley@NRCan-RNCan.gc.ca with any questions about this event.