The following questions are to guide you in reflecting upon and improving your science teaching. You might find them useful at the end of each lesson or after teaching a unit.
How did it go?
- How well did the lesson/unit meet your expectations in terms of student engagement?
- If the lesson/unit fell short of your expectations, what will you do to increase your students' participation next time?
What did they learn?
- What evidence do you have that your students understood the science concepts in the lesson/unit?
- What evidence do you have that your students learned new skills through your lesson/unit?
What would you change?
- What classroom management changes will you make the next time you teach the lesson/unit?
- What time management changes will you make?
- What different hands-on materials will you use next time?
- What alternative assessment techniques will you use the next time?