Drones allow us to study the Earth in new ways. The collected data can help monitor phenomena such as natural hazards, climate change, and resource extraction. This webinar will explore many ways that drones are being used in the geosciences, including recent drone innovations and classroom applications. This webinar is part of the 2023 Earth Science Week webinar series.
- Lindsay Mossa, American Geosciences Institute
- Matt Zimmerer, New Mexico Bureau of Geology and Mineral Resources
- Dr. Gregory Foltz, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration
- Dr. Richard Bishop, Virginia Tech Mining & Minerals Engineering | SME
- Dr. Norbert Zajzon, University of Miskolc
- Hannah H. Ziegler, Vanderbilt University
About the 2023 Earth Science Week Webinar Series
Innovations in the geosciences allow us to study the Earth in new ways. Emerging technologies and updated methods of collecting data help monitor phenomena such as natural hazards, climate change, and the overall health of ecosystems. The 2023 Earth Science Week webinar series will explore different projects and technologies that are innovatively studying the Earth, and will include ways to bring innovations in geoscience classrooms.