"EIA has data on the types and amounts of energy produced in each state:
Coal, crude oil, natural gas, and fuel ethanol production in physical units and British Thermal Unit (Btu) equivalents back to 1960 in our State Energy Data System (SEDS). To locate data for each state, click on the "Change State/Territory" field, which is above the "Overview" tab. Select a state and scroll over the "Data" tab, and in the drop down menu select a data period under "Energy Estimates (SEDS)." Scroll down the resulting page and select the "Production" bar to access pdf and csv files for data on the types and amounts of energy produced.
- Coal — most recent weekly, quarterly, and annual
- Crude Oil — most recent monthly and annual
- Natural Gas — most recent monthly and annual
- Natural Gas Plant Liquids — most recent monthly and annual
- Electricity — generation by fuel/energy source
- Renewable Energy Production by State (Interactive Map), U.S. Department of Energy
Interactive map showing renewable energy production by state
- State Energy Data System (Website), Energy Information Administration
Links to recent and and historical energy (coal, natural gas, crude oil, and ethanol) production by state
- U.S. State Rankings (Website), Energy Information Administration
Rankings of U.S. states for energy production, consumption, prices, and carbon dioxide emissions.