Information on this page was collected from the source acknowledged below:
"You can access the most recent available data on the types and amounts of energy produced in each state in the following resources:
- Coal, crude oil, natural gas, and fuel ethanol production in physical units and British Thermal Unit (Btu) equivalents back to 1960 in the State Energy Data System (SEDS). To locate data for each state (from the main SEDS page), click on the Change State/Territory field, which is above the Overview tab. Select a state and scroll over the Data tab. In the drop-down menu, select a data period under Energy Estimates (SEDS). Scroll down the resulting page and select the Production bar to access files with data on the types and amounts of energy produced.
- Coal — weekly, quarterly, and annual
- Crude Oil — monthly and annual
- Natural Gas — monthly and annual
- Natural Gas Plant Liquids — monthly and annual
- Electricity — generation by fuel/energy source
- Renewable Energy Production by State (Interactive Map), U.S. Department of Energy
Interactive map showing renewable energy production by state
- State Energy Data System (Website), Energy Information Administration
Links to recent and and historical energy (coal, natural gas, crude oil, and ethanol) production by state
- U.S. State Rankings (Website), Energy Information Administration
Rankings of U.S. states for energy production, consumption, prices, and carbon dioxide emissions.